How to Enter the #MyWeddingVidz Competition
- Send your Wedding video clips to our WhatsApp No – 078 609 7572.
- Videos will be moderated and those that meet the criteria in the Ts & Cs will be uploaded to the Elevate Vidz YouTube Channel – https://tinyurl.com/elevatevidz
- The video with the most views will win a holiday for 2 to Victoria Falls + $600 EcoCash Spending Money.
Terms & Conditions
- The #MyWeddingVidz Competition will run on a monthly basis with customers having 4 weeks to get the most views on their videos. Rounds will be as follows:
- Round 1: Tuesday 2 April – Tuesday 30 April
- Round 2: Tuesday 7 May – Tuesday 4 June
- Round 3: Tuesday 11 June – Tuesday 9 July
- The competition is open to residents of Zimbabwe aged 16 years & above. Econet Wireless (Private) Limited, their immediate families, their group companies, their agents or anyone judging of the competition may not enter the competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
To take part in the competition and be eligible to win the prizes, entrants must do and complete the following:
- Be a valid Econet Wireless Subscriber
- Be registered with a valid Facebook or Twitter account
- If using Facebook like our page Econet Zimbabwe
- If using Twitter follow @econetzimbabwe
- Send a video of your Wedding that falls into 1 of the following categories:
- 1. MaSteps Challenge (Wedding Dance Videos)
- 2. Touching Wedding Moments
- 3. Funny Wedding Moments
- Send the video via WhatsApp to 078 609 7572
- Video must be original & you must be the owner or have receieved written permission from the owner of the video to submit it. Any videos violating this condition will be automatically disqualified.
- Videos that meet the terms & conditions will be uploaded to the ElevateVidz YouTube Channel -https://tinyurl.com/elevatevidz
- The video with the most views per Round will win the following: 3 Day, 2 Night holiday to Victoria Falls for 2 people (flights + accommodation & $600 EcoCash Spending Money)
- Prize will only be awarded if minimum 50 videos are received per round. Should there be less than 50 videos in the round, the prize will roll over to the next round.
- Photographers or Wedding Planners who submit videos on behalf of their clients must have permission from the client to submit their video. If their video gets the most views the photographer or wedding planner will win $500 EcoCash.
5. Entrants are allowed to submit multiple videos. However they are only permitted to win once in this competition.
6. By submitting your entry you are agreeing and confirming that:
6.1 You shall be solely responsible for your entry and the consequences of posting and publishing it.
6.2 You have permission from all people appearing in the entry to submit it for these purposes.
6.3 Your entry does not disclose any personal or confidential information belonging to you or anyone else.
6.4 You grant permission to Econet Wireless for an unlimited period, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish, reproduce, modify and adapt the entry for any purpose without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability on its own platforms.
- The uploaded video will be previewed for approval before being uploaded onto the Elevate Vidz YouTube Channel. This channel is open to the public for viewing.
- Approval process can take up to 48 hours depending on the number of entries being moderated. If your video has been approved you will be sent the Youtube link via WhatsApp.
- All competition entries will be moderated by Econet Wireless and Econet Wireless reserves the right to deny entry to all those who do not meet the requirements.
- Econet Wireless reserves the right to disqualify any entry which a) includes contact details such as telephone numbers, and postal and/or email addresses; b) is posted repeatedly; c) in Econet’s sole discretion is considered to be offensive or inappropriate in any way (including but not limited to any objectionable content, profanity, potentially provocative, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements or hate speech); d) advertises products or services for profit or of a competitor; e) are seen to impersonate someone else; f) may infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or corporation; g) are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable in the view of Econet.
7. Videos that contain the following material will NOT be allowed to enter the competition & will be automatically disqualified:
- Copyrighted videos (i.e. the Video must be your own original work);
- Video containing nudity or partial nudity;
- Video containing provocative or sexually suggestive behavior;
- Video portraying hate or hate crimes;
- Video containing or portraying violence;
- Video containing offensive gestures or language;
- Video containing drugs, drug paraphernalia or drug use;
- Video encouraging harassment or cyberbullying;
- Video containing content or language of a political nature;
- Video containing depictions of child endangerment;
- Video directly promoting a competitor product, company or service;
- Video encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
- Video containing alcohol or promote alcohol use;
- Video infringing on the intellectual property of third parties; and/or
- Video infringing on anyone’s Constitutional rights.
If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, beyond Econet’s reasonable control, then a substitute prize (or that part of the prize) of equal value and or specification will be awarded in lieu.
9. Winner Notification
9.1 The winner shall be contacted via telephone & WhatsApp within 72 hours of the end date and time of the competition.
9.2 The winner may be asked to provide proof of age and identity to claim their prize in accordance with the terms and conditions above.
9.3 Econet Wireless will take all reasonable steps to contact winners but in the event the prize is not claimed by the winner within 21 days of such notification, Econet reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and conduct a redraw for this prize.
9.4 It is the responsibility of the prize winner to supply the correct personal information.
10. Prize winners agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this competition as requested by Econet Wireless at no extra compensation, over and beyond the award of prize.
11. Any decision by Econet Wireless on all matters, including any calculations, relating to the competition are final, conclusive and binding, and no correspondence in relation thereto will be entered into.
12. Econet Wireless reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of this promotion at any time without prior notice, subject to approval by its Regulator.
13. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any brochure, marketing or application material relating to the competition, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
14. Econet Wireless shall not be liable for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with this competition (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy or defamation of the Entrant or any third party).
15. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook or YouTube.