The App is available for personal use. When you use the App, you must comply with all applicable Zimbabwe and international laws. You agree that when using the App you comply with all applicable laws and these terms. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to:
- Use the app in any unlawful manner.
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the App or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the App.
The terms and conditions set forth below (the “Terms”) govern your use of the Econet Plus app.
- Econet Plus can be used on any cellular or Wi-Fi data network to provide cheap voice and SMS services to Econet customers travelling outside Zimbabwe.
- The App can be used on Android & iOS smartphones. It can be downloaded for free from Google Play store or Apple app store.
- Initial registration of App will require an active Econet SIM card which is switched on to access registration code. It is intended for Econet registered customers and may not be sold or distributed to third parties.
- Econet Plus App provides customers voice, chat and SMS services on smartphone devices
- The App allows customers to make calls to Econet customers using the App herein referred at as Voice App to App calls.
- The App allows customers to make calls to customers on Econet and other networks who do not use the App herein referred to as App to PSTN/PLMN calls.
- Customers will not be able receive calls on the App from non-app Econet customers and other networks herein referred to as PSTN/PLMN to App calls.
- The App allow customers to send and receive SMS to customers on Econet and other network providers.
- Customers can send and receive chat messages with other Econet customers who use the same App.
- Service provided by Econet Plus does not and is not intended to support or carry emergency calls to any type of hospitals, law enforcement agencies, medical care unit or any type of emergency services of any kind.
- Customers will be charged local prepaid tariffs when they make calls and there will be no data charges when the App is used on Econet and preferred roaming partners. The list of preferred roaming partners is available on App and will be updated from time to time.
- The App has a dedicated inbuilt airtime account separate from customer’s main account that will be used for App voice, SMS and chat services. This dedicated account can be recharged by Ecocash and Econet Plus recharge vouchers. Airtime will expire after sixty days.
- Econet reserves the right to change the tariffs without notice. The applicable tariffs are available on App.
- Econet will not be liable for any loss when someone uses customer’s account with or without their knowledge. Customers have the obligation to notify Econet of unauthorised use of user account or breach of security.
- Customers may be liable for the losses incurred by Econet or third party due to someone else using their account.
Termination & Suspension of Service
- Customers may terminate the use of Econet Plus at any time by stopping to use the service or deleting the App.
- Econet may terminate the use of the service if:
- There is suspicion that the App is being used for unlawful purposes.
- There is suspicion that the App or customer account is being used fraudulently or by a third party.
- If it is required due to change in laws or regulations by POTRAZ.
- Econet reserves the right to cancel accounts that are inactive for a period of six months.
Disclaimer: Use of the App is at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for any technical failure of the internet and /or the app.