Terms & Conditions
- The Share your Smart Data Story competition will run from Thursday 16 February 2017 to Friday 17 March 2017.
- The competition is open to residents of Zimbabwe aged 16 years or over (with valid National ID) except employees of Econet Wireless (Private) Limited (Econet), their immediate families, their group companies, their agents or anyone judging of the competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- How to Enter:
To take part in the competition and be eligible to win the prize, entrants must do and complete the following:
- Be a valid Econet Wireless Subscriber
- Be registered with a valid Facebook or Twitter account
- If using Facebook like our page Econet Zimbabwe
- If using Twitter follow @econetzimbabwe
- Post a video on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram telling us your #SmartData story. How do you use your data? What do you enjoy doing online?
- If posting video on Facebook please post below the Competition Post as a comment.
- If posting video on Twitter please tag @econetzimbabwe
- If posting video on Instagram please tag @econetzimbabwe
- Huawei Mate 8 Device
- $50 Shopping Voucher
- $20 Airtime
5. Entrants are allowed to submit multiple videos. However they are only permitted to win once during this competition.
6. By submitting your entry you are agreeing and confirming that:
6.1 You shall be solely responsible for your entry and the consequences of posting and publishing it.
6.2 You have permission from all people appearing in the entry to submit it for these purposes.
6.3 Your entry does not disclose any personal or confidential information belonging to you or anyone else.
6.4 You grant permission to Econet for an unlimited period, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish, reproduce, modify and adapt the entry for any purpose in any media without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- All competition entries will be moderated by Econet and Econet reserves the right to deny entry to all those who do not meet the requirements.
- Econet reserves the right to disqualify any entry which a) includes contact details such as telephone numbers, and postal and/or email addresses; b) is posted repeatedly; c) in Econet’s sole discretion is considered to be offensive or inappropriate in any way (including but not limited to any objectionable content, profanity, potentially provocative, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements or hate speech); d) advertises products or services for profit or of a competitor; e) are seen to impersonate someone else; f) may infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or corporation; g) are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable in the view of Econet
7. Videos that contain the following material will NOT be allowed to enter the competition & will be automatically disqualified:
- Copyrighted videos (i.e. the Video must be your own original work);
- Any videos over 60 seconds will be disqualified (the Video must be 60 seconds or less);
- Video containing nudity or partial nudity;
- Video containing sexually suggestive behaviour;
- Video portraying hate or hate crimes;
- Video containing or portraying violence;
- Video containing offensive gestures or language;
- Video containing drugs, drug paraphernalia or drug use;
- Video encouraging harassment or cyberbullying;
- Video containing content or language of a political nature;
- Video containing depictions of child endangerment;
- Video directly promoting a competitor product, company or service;
- Video encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
- Video containing alcohol or promote alcohol use;
- Video infringing on the intellectual property of third parties; and/or
- Video infringing on anyone’s Constitutional rights.
9. Winner Notification
9.1 Winners will be announced every Friday starting on Friday the 24th of February. The last winner will be announced on Friday 17 March.
9.2 The winner may be asked to provide proof of age and identity to claim their prize in accordance with the terms and conditions above.
9.3 Econet will take all reasonable steps to contact winners but in the event the prize is not claimed by the winner within 21 days of such notification, Econet reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and conduct a redraw for this prize.
9.4 It is the responsibility of the prize winner to supply the correct personal information.
10. Prize winners agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this competition as requested by Econet at no extra compensation, over and beyond the award of prize.
11. Any decision by Econet on all matters, including any calculations, relating to the competition are final, conclusive and binding, and no correspondence in relation thereto will be entered into.
12. Econet reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of this promotion at any time without prior notice, subject to approval by its Regulator.
13. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any brochure, marketing or application material relating to the competition, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
14. Econet shall not be liable for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with this competition (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy or defamation of the Entrant or any third party).
15. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook, Instagram or YouTube.
16. Entrants retain the rights to all work submitted but Econet is granted permission by the entrant to use the videos for an unspecified period, as it may wish and shall not pay or give monetary benefits or benefits in any other form, to owners of the works unless agreed upon in writing. This is to encourage all participants to submit only original videos in the competition.