Zimbabweans in the Diaspora now have an opportunity to quickly send money back home
to Zimbabwe from SA, USA, Botswana, Namibia, and more than 200 other countries and
territories with EcoCash Diaspora! Send money anytime, anywhere, from any country that
has a Western Union agent.
Send money directly into the recipient's EcoCash Wallet.
- 1Zimbabwean in the Diaspora goes to any Western Union agent or on the Western Union site and selects an Econet mobile number as the destination for the money
- 2Recipient receives a message that funds have been credited to their EcoCash wallet.
Zimbabwean in the Diaspora completes a Western Union transaction and then they notify the receiver and provide them with the money transfer code (MTCN). After the Money Transfer Code (MTCN) recipient then:
- 1Dial *151# to access the EcoCash Menu
- 2Select EcoCashDiaspora
- 3Select Western Union Pick Up Option
- 4Enter Money Transfer Code (MTCN Code)
- 5Upon successful verification, the EcoCash wallet is credited with the money.
- 6Once money is credited into recipient's wallets immediate confirmation message is sent to
- 7When the money is in your EcoCash you can pay bills, pay merchant, send money and cash